Monday, February 17, 2014

4320

What an amazingly perfect day today turned out to be. I took a random day off needing a recharge. I figured I'd end up spending the day with the kids, but both had stuff going on so went to work with the wife. This left me home alone. With only the dogs randomly making the smallest noises, I had the entire house to myself. I was able to wake up, shave my head, shower and turn out from life. I spent the day drifting in my mind to various music, avoiding as much of the outside world as possible. The windows and doors open, inviting the warm 80 degree breeze to flow through the house. The sole connection I had to any sort of technology was turning on the tv to play music films. I was able to spend time alone with my guitars, make sounds solely for myself, letting whatever was inside drift away through an array of string combinations that, while maybe not melodically accurate, were exactly the right sounds to emanate from the strings to draw out all the poison that had been building up in me for who knows how long. I truly wish everyone could experience a day like this. Alone in solitude, but in the companionship of ethereal vibes melting away the layers that life lays upon us. At times picturing the waves flow from the music, through me, into another, experiencing the whole transgression as one epic emotion. There is truly nothing like the experience when the body and soul combine in harmony with a sonic array of emotions. I fell relaxed. I feel cleansed. I feel ready to take on life again. I feel the munchies kicking in. I feel like I cannot wait for another day like this, that this connection to the cosmos is something that needs to be reminded of more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment