Friday, October 18, 2013

7392


I feel like I’ve been taking life a little too seriously the past few weeks.  Not that there is anything wrong with that because the world (or the US anyway) seems to be going to hell in a hand basket, but I know I have not been focusing on myself.  I’ve found a few distractions, but that is all they are.  Nothing I have done lately has been beneficial to myself and I think I need to actively focus more on things that will elevate me personally.  One of the questions I keep asking myself is “what do I want to do in life?”  Unfortunately I have yet to find an answer.  I know that from a work perspective I do not want to do the job I currently have for the next 30 years, yet I still haven’t found anything that interests me that will financially sustain my family.  Part of me thinks this might have to do with how small my world is.  Despite the fact that the world is more connected, that it is easier than ever to meet people and maintain relationships, I still feel like I’m in a fishbowl.  I know one of my goals is to move away from Phoenix.  I’ve been here for 30 years now and I’m ready to move on.  As of right now I’m targeting a move in the latter half of 2017, after my oldest daughter graduates high school.  The front runner as of now is the Nashville area, as my sister-in-law and her family are moving there next year and I know my wife will not want to move anywhere without family.  I’m ok with that.  That’s only a 3 hour drive from where the bulk of my family is and I have a sneaking suspicion that if I go that way my mom will follow as she has never liked Arizona and would like nothing more than to get closer to where she is from.  So now that I have a targeted date, a targeted area, and justification I just need to set in place the details.  All that being said, and me being a Gemini, I’m not cementing anything at this point as I could wake up tomorrow and change my mind.  I don’t think I will and every day I’m looking more and more into it, but still not committing to it so fully that I have no other options.  For the time being I’m going to focus on the money making aspect of life and figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment