Monday, October 14, 2013

7488


Friday afternoon the information for open enrollment at my office began to roll out.  Obviously, the first thing I look for is what the cost of health insurance is going to be. Well, let’s just say I wasn’t amused with what I found out.  Not only are we switching insurance providers, the per check cost is going up about $69. That equates to an annual increase of $1794.  The increase is more than I paid for insurance for myself and my oldest daughter when she was born.  So much for affordable health care. Now I would probably calm down after a bit, if it weren’t for the fact that there is a $2000 deductible that must be met before insurance even begins to cover anything.  That’s per person, not for the whole plan. I think the whole plan is $5000.  So basically, I’ll be shelling out $11500 next year before insurance, which is required thanks to our great leader, even begins to cover anything.  I’m sure most people are like me, at a loss of what to do.  If I was making minimum wage (which thank whoever I don’t) that would be almost three quarters of my annual earnings. Disgusted with the situation, I figured I’d check out what Obama’s affordable health care rates were on his exchange, and lo and behold the system is so bogged down I can’t even get that far.  I think I gave up after 4 hours of trying to enter information on Saturday.  At least my ex would let me get a piece before she stuck it to me, Obama is like “bite the pillow, I’m going in dry.”  Its things like this that make me care less about what Congress is doing.  I know that if they don’t reach a resolution they are going to send our economy into the crapper, but hell, come next year when people can’t afford necessities due to the cost of health care it’s going to get there anyway.  Some days I wish I were more like the rest of the sheeple and had my head in the sand, at least the feeling of despair wouldn’t be so overbearing.  It’s also times like these that make me wish for some sort of catastrophic event so we are forced to reboot.

No comments:

Post a Comment