Saturday, October 5, 2013

7704

There was recently a story about an off-duty police officer in Coolidge, AZ that wore his full uniform, including firearm, to school to drop off his daughter. The principal asked the officer not to wear the uniform again as it scared the other school children. The officer complained on Facebook, the principal recanted, and all the idiots online have chimed in their $.02. Now look, I'm all in favor of letting this guy wear his uniform to drop off his kid. We all get ready and are in our "uniforms" when we drop our kids off at school, no big deal there. However....(and this is where I've been getting jumped for my opinion)I don't think he should be allowed to wear his sidearm on campus while dropping his daughter off. In fact, I think he should be charged with carry a weapon in a weapon free zone. Hear me out. This guy was OFF DUTY, meaning he is just an average citizen like the rest of us. If I were to wear a firearm in a weapon free zone, my ass would be in jail. Look, I've made no bones about my distaste for law enforcement officials. I think for the most part (and this situation backs up my argument) cops feel they are above the law when it comes to their own actions. 90% of their reaction to situations involves judgement calls and 90% are unable to make a good judgement. The uproar I've heard about how the principal has gone too far, only cements the notion that officers are somehow not subject to the same rules and regulations as people that have chosen careers in fields not related to law enforcement. Additionally, as an office of the law, this gentleman should be more rehearsed in the laws than the average citizen and know damn well he was breaking them. /Rant let the flaming begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment