Monday, October 7, 2013

7656


One of the things I know about myself is I tend to say a lot of things people view as inflammatory.  Sometimes I do this intentionally whether I truly believe what I say or not just to rile people up.  To me, if somebody is agitated they are going to tend to show their true colors.  For the most part on the internet, it’s that they are an idiot douche bag and very closed minded.  The other reason I do this is it leads to debates.  People defending their position give me feedback whether they know it or not.  I get insight into a person when they can rationally defend their view point.  That’s not to say I agree with them, but I respect a person’s opinion, even if I have to chide at them to get it.  All of that being said, I have to say the responses I get from posts I make on Google+ are by far some of the most intelligent responses to comment s I make.  I don’t know if this has to do with how I filter and share stuff, or if as tend to believe, there is just a more refined user base on Google than other social networks.  I don’t mean that everyone is refined, even the crude and crass (which I associate myself with) come off as more intelligent.  I guess what I’m saying is there tends to be more open-minded thinkers associated with G+ than with FB or even topic specific forums I’m on.  So for that, I’m very appreciative.  Thank you all (mostly) for being open minded and providing me with feedback that allows me to ponder viewpoints I haven’t naturally considered.  Also, not that what I say is “fake”, but please don’t always assume I’m not just playing devil’s advocate to illicit responses for my own growth.  Thanks again to all of you and I hope to have nothing but the continued positive growth that I’ve come to know on G+.

No comments:

Post a Comment