Wednesday, October 2, 2013

7776

I was having a conversation with a client of mine, and he brought up a point that I can't believe I never thought of. Life is going on even in spite of the government shutdown, so, do we really need the departments that aren't "critical"? It makes sense if you think about it. Why are we dishing out tax money to all of these agencies if we get by when they aren't working? Keep in mind I use the term working loosely, because anybody who has ever been in a government office or had to deal with a government agency knows they tend to move slower than evolution when it comes to getting stuff done. I think this would be a great starting point for a new wave of politicians to make big brother smaller. Unfortunately, it ain't gonna happen. That really is a shame though, we could used a streamlined, more efficient government. All that being said, I do feel for the people not getting paid, even though Congress is still collecting their salaries. I've always held a theory that the less you actually do in life, the more you get paid, and Congress is proving me right. On a personal note, I'd like to acknowledge my absence recently. I've been working on my life, and like a car that is in need of repair, sometimes it's best to tear it down and build it back up rather than keep patching things. I'm trying to do that so my internet presence may be somewhat diminished for a spell. It's not all bad though, it's allowing for personal discovery and healthy mending of relationships. It's also inspired me to revisit a few projects I've considered and put a more concrete foundation to them rather than keeping them conceptual. I don't know how far any of that will go. I think one of my major issues is I tend not to see things through, but again that's another thing I'm trying to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment